Could $55,000 help your startup?
The Manchester Young Professionals Network is searching for the next great New Hampshire startup. Enter today!
Key Startup Challenge Dates
- March 6 Kickoff Event @ abi Innovation Hub.
- April 22 Applications due
- May 9 Semi-finalists announced
- May 21 Semi-final event/Business Plans Due/ Live Pitch Event @ abi
- May 24 Finalists notified
- June 4 Finalists present to judges
- June 19 – Winner unveiled
What is the MYPN NH Startup Challenge?
- The NH Startup Challenge is a statewide business plan competition created in 2008 by MYPN, New Hampshire’s first and largest young professional networking organization. Over the past four years, $155,000 in cash and in-kind services has been awarded to New Hampshire startups.
- The MYPN NH Startup Challenge is open to any granite state resident with an idea.
- Applicants must be a New Hampshire resident and an owner or founder of a business.
- Startup’s must be for-profit, have been in existence for less than three years, have raised under $100,000 in funding and generated under $100,000 in 2013 revenue.
What will I win?
Last year’s winner, Gear Freedom, walked away with the following prize package:
- Up to $20,000 in cash
- Ultimate experience at a music and tech event in Austin Texas (organizers asked us not to mention it by name – can you believe that?) courtesy of Dyn consisting of airfare, three days and two nights’ accommodations, two-day pass to an Interactive event located in Austin, and a VIP pass to the Dyn Music Meets Tech Party. Can you guess the event?
- Seat in the abi Innovation Hub’s Accelerator Program and one-year residence at the abi.
- Legal services from McLane Law Firm
- Accounting services from Howe Riley & Howe
How do I enter and what is required?
- Email a minimum one to two page summary of a business plan or idea to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22 in order to qualify.
- If you’ve already developed a business plan and have facts, figures, etc send them along. The more information the better.
- If you want, send a link to a video pitch as well. You don’t have to but it would be a lot cooler if you did.
How will I be judged?
You will be judged on the following criteria:
- Market Opportunity – is there a clear market need presented and way to take advantage of it?
- Distinctive Competence – company provides some novel/unique/special that gives it a competitive advantage in its market
- Management capability – team can effectively develop the company and handle the risks associated with the venture
- Financial understanding – team has a solid understanding of financial requirements of the business
- Investment potential – business represents a real investment opportunity in which you would consider investing
- Pitch – pitch performance
*MYPN and the NH Startup Challenge committee reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any time for any reason.